Today the GSA Public Buildings Service (PBS) went live with the G-REX system. In less than 18-months, ITG (the prime contract holder) completely rebuilt the largest federal leasing system, and delivered a modern and robust BPM-based solution on-time and on-budget. This project is a true partnership with our customer. From day one, we stood shoulder-to-shoulder with the PB-ITS (Public Buildings IT Services) organization, PBS Office of Leasing, GSA’s Regional Experts and Super Users, Enterprise Service Center (ESC) and other development teams.
On the first day:
- 328 Users Logged into the system
- Over 1,200 Tasks were completed
- 469 processes kicked off
- Provides consistency in the customer requirements development process and project delivery.
- Leverages project management principles by supporting concepts such as team roles, task assignments, and task ownership.
- Guides the user through lease model specifications
- Increased response time to policy changes with system enhancements, reducing the overall cost of implementing these changes.
- Capitalizes on existing PBS IT assets with integration of information systems for seamless exchange, reduction in data input, and increased data accuracy.
- Automates document generation for items such as project schedules, acquisition plan, lease file checklists, RLP/Lease, and Present Value Analysis (PVAs).
- Supports electronic file management and digital routing and approvals.
We accomplished a lot, including:
- Completely documented the entire Lease Acquisition Process in BPMN, using IBM Blueworks Live
- Developed over 60 processes, 1,300 activities using Appian BPMN
- Provided extensible web services integration with enterprise document management, Single Sign-On (SSO) & identity management, SOA framework, and building inventory systems
- Delivered over 20 training videos, training manuals, quick start guides
- Led extensive nation-wide UAT feedback sessions to get user feedback early and frequently during the process.