We thought we’d share with you the latest updates on this important program. First, off, its been renamed, G-REX!
What is G-REX?
G-REX is an acronym for GSA Real Estate Exchange. G-REX is the major PBS Office of Leasing initiative that replaces eLease in late Spring 2013. G-REX is a mission critical system that requires a leasing specialist to perform essential lease procurement tasks to award a lease as well as perform post occupancy services consistent with National policy and guidance, alignment with gPM principles of project management/scheduling/task completion, and provides vital lease and productivity data collection for future lease process improvement.
The G-REX System
G-REX represents a shift to a more consistent National standard in the system lease process and policy, transparency within our workforce, and an adaptable/flexible configuration that easily changes to meet our leasing needs. On the front end, G-REX is an interactive leasing partner that manages end-to-end life-cycle of leasing transaction, from identification of customer space requirements to closing of a lease. On the back end G-REX has a powerful and robust system platform that uses business process software for business efficiency and effectiveness.
- Provides consistency in the customer requirements development process and project delivery.
- Leverages project management principles by supporting concepts such as team roles, task assignments, and task ownership.
- Guides the user through lease model specifications
- Increased response time to policy changes with system enhancements, reducing the overall cost of implementing these changes.
- Capitalizes on existing PBS IT assets with integration of information systems for seamless exchange, reduction in data input, and increased data accuracy.
- Automates document generation for items such as project schedules, acquisition plan, lease file checklists, RLP/Lease, and Present Value Analysis (PVAs).
- Supports electronic file management and digital routing and approvals.